[yt-dev] ipython-physics

Michael Kuhlen mqk at astro.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:24:36 PDT 2012

Hi yt gang

Just had a little chat with Matt, and he suggested I bring up
ipython-physics <https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/ipython-physics> for
discussion. Sounds like unit handling is an issue that needs to be
addressed in yt. I've found ipython-physics to be pretty neat and quite
usable. Maybe this is something worth tying into yt? Matt also mentioned
that Casey had written a sympy-based library for handling units; how does
it compare to what ipython-physics does?

Mike

*  Dr. Michael Kuhlen              Theoretical Astrophysics Center  *
*  email: mqk at astro.berkeley.edu   UC Berkeley                      *
*  cell phone: (831) 588-1468      B-116 Hearst Field Annex # 3411  *
*  skype username: mikekuhlen      Berkeley, CA 94720               *