[yt-dev] Rockstar on multiple nodes

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue Nov 27 13:28:49 PST 2012

Hi Matt,

> This sounds to me like a problem with the forking model that's in
> place, but I might be wrong.  The way I originally set it up, yt would
> guess at addresses and hosts, which get fed in after the call to
> _get_hosts.  My recommendation would be to have all of these items
> printed out and then look into DEBUG_RSOCKET.

Since I'm not running it inline with Enzo (so there should be no forks
made in python) and "FORK_READERS_FROM_WRITERS = 0" is set in
rockstar_interface.pyx in Rockstar (this is confirmed in the
auto-rockstar.cfg output file), I don't think it should be forking
anywhere.

> Is it possible that a process has died?

That might be it. When I run "top" on the nodes, I'm seeing "python
<defunct>" a number of times equal to NUM_WRITERS.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/