[yt-dev] Data selection issue in yt 3.0

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Mon Nov 26 19:53:40 PST 2012

Hi all (specifically Matt, I suspect),

I'm running into an odd issue in yt 3.0.  I'm using the following script: http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2905/.  This refers to a non-axissymmetric dataset I generated with enzo: http://ucolick.org/~goldbaum/files/DD0000.tgz.

The issue is that when I run this script with yt-3.0, I only get back the 'z' projection, even in the cases where I ask it for the 'x' and 'y' projection.

Since the signature of __init__ for the projection object is slightly different in 3.0, you'll need to manually choose the line in the script that creates the projection object depending on which version of yt you're running.  As a side note, is there a reason for this change in the API?

Nathan Goldbaum
Graduate Student
Astronomy & Astrophysics, UCSC
goldbaum at ucolick.org