[yt-dev] What is blocking volume_refactor merge?

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Tue May 29 08:59:21 PDT 2012

Matt, the easiest test is probably:

Set up the renderer to work such that red is opaque to blue and blue is
opaque to red.  Then take a single brick, render the "x" field with
contours added such that you have an opaque red face and an opaque blue
face on the opposite side.  Then test looking straight at it and you should
see either red or blue, which you could evaluate directly from the image
array.  You then want to filp the looking direction to make sure it still
works.  I'll make sure that my fork is ready to go, and then maybe you
could take a crack at it or we can iterate on it together.  I'm happy to
let you try to crack this one if you want to.

Sam