[yt-dev] rendering bug

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:12:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to fix a bug in the opaque rendering.  It comes down to
which way the rays get integrated (back-to-front/front-to-back) with
respect to the camera position.  Right now I think the behavior is such
that the bricks are handed to the sampler from the back to front, but the
bricks themselves are rendered front to back.  Anyways, the bug shows up
better in parallel, and I've been using

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2372/

with

https://bitbucket.org/samskillman/yt-refactor/changeset/b4db9a5b5704

The behavior ends up being something like this (this particular image might
have the opposite L than the script):
http://imgur.com/Od3np.png

If you get something that looks okay, rotate it to a few different
positions and see if it still works.

If anyone wants to dig in, I would appreciate the help.

Cheers,
Sam