[yt-dev] Field units from code to code

Casey W. Stark caseywstark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:14:31 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan.

I'm also worried about this and I agree that fields with the same name
should all be consistent. I would support some sort of cleanup of frontend
fields, and I can get the Nyx fields in line and help with Enzo.

I doubt we can do this, but I would prefer changing the field names as part
of the removing enzo-isms and geometry handling refactoring pushes. For
instance, the field in Orion could be thermal_energy_density and the field
in Enzo could be specific_thermal_energy. I also noticed this issue when I
was using "Density" in Enzo (proper density in cgs) and "density" in Nyx
(comoving density in cgs).

Best,
Casey