[yt-dev] seg fault on projections

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:55:45 PDT 2012

Hi Stephen,

A bunch of people have been reporting segfaults.  I am starting to
think it may be an issue of an older h5py combined with this change,
which may build up multiple copies of the hierarchy and keep multiple
copies of a file (in this case the data file) open.

I think we should consider backing this change out, and providing it
in a more subtle way -- for instance, making field info just always
create the hierarchy.  Here it actually almost always creates it
twice.  Remove the deletion, just leave the hierarchy in existence.

-Matt