[yt-dev] what to do with fork once PR approved?

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Tue Jun 26 15:03:38 PDT 2012

Hi Geoffrey,

Personally, I like keeping around a personal fork of yt so that I can issue pull requests for lightweight new features as well as bugs and the like.

If I were working on a relatively large new feature that would take more than a few days to implement, I would create a new fork, do the work in there, merge in mainline once I was done, and issue a pull request.  Once the PR was accepted, I would delete the fork.

Whether or not you keep the fork is entirely up to you.  The existence of the fork will not affect the main yt development repository.

Nathan