[yt-dev] Some questions about TimeSeries

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 07:42:20 PDT 2012

Hi John,

The first thing is by design.  The reason is that when you keep all the pfs
open, you keep all their hierarchies around which ends up taking a lot of
memory.  I was getting out of memory errors all the time before we made
this change.

On the second thing, I think that behavior is probably not right, because
each item in the list ends up being a list itself.  Even in the case where
the parameter is multidimensional, what you get back is a list of list,
where each of those list contains the array.  Unless there's a reason I'm
not seeing, that should probably be changed to just a list of the actual
items.

Britton