[yt-dev] off_axis_projection

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 09:58:09 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm catching up on this thread, but I'm confused why what I suggested
before was discarded.  In the near future (~month) I see it being possible
to have the following API:

off_axis_projection(pf, center, normal_vector, width, resolution,
                        field, weight = None, num_threads = 0,
                        interpolated = False, data_source=None)

interpolated=True/False triggers ghost zone generation and kd-tree
decomposition

data_source is the same as what is used for on-axis projections

The only functionality that this would kill is saving a set of bricks and
supplying it like was done in the volume=, but we could even put in an
isinstance(data_source, AMRKDTree) to just have it reuse.

Sam