[yt-dev] Docs and 2.4 roundup (help!)

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:28:47 PDT 2012

> * Rewrite the remaining docs that use PlotCollection.  Specifically,
> orientation/making_plots.rst needs to be completely redone.  Can
> someone volunteer to rewrite this document?

I can take care of that one.

> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/401/entropy-field-does-not-work-for-non-enzo

This will require defining a NumberSpecies field, currently only defined in the enzo frontend.  Really, NumberDensity should be a univseral field but I guess its definition will be highly code-dependent with respect to how different codes handle multispecies simulations.  Each of the maintainers for the different codes will have to update their frontend to include the NumberDensity field.

While we're thinking about this, are there any other universal fields that depend on enzo-only fields?

Cheers,

Nathan