[yt-dev] .quantities issue

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:02:56 PST 2012

As a followup, this script (run on Mike's dataset):

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2191/

gives results of:

5.793e+14 5.793e+14 5.640e+14
2.956e-14 1.336e-02

While the accumulated roundoff error here is ~1% (which is something
to be concerned about, and which I think we can start addressing by
mandating dtypes in our calls to things like .sum()) it's still not
the significant errors that are being reported.

I think quantities are okay.  (Which is good, because the testing
system should have caught any problems that would be introduced with
parallelism, and it did not.)  Additionally, I tested in HaloFinder in
both parallel and serial, and on line 2240 I inserted a print
statement indicating the received total volume.  I got the correct
answer in serial and in parallel.  Is this the issue you were seeing?

Could you please provide a small, minimally viable sample script that
can show the problem?

-Matt