[yt-dev] RFC: introduce {length, mass}_units (similar to time_units)

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:20:09 PST 2012

I'm in favor of a general unit converting object for all quantities.  The
alternative to would be to have time_units, length_units, b_units, etc,
which will unwieldy quickly.  It might also be nice if it had some sort of
support for prefixes like kilo, mega, giga, etc.  That way, we wouldn't
have to carry around, for example, conversions to pc, kpc, and Mpc.  If
this sounds like what people would be interested in having, I wouldn't mind
working on this.

Britton