[yt-dev] PEP8

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Wed Feb 1 09:04:51 PST 2012

For what it's worth, I played around with the autopep8 thing I linked
to before, and after applying it "python setup.py install" works
(modulo a few source files autopep8 couldn't handle for some reason).
Looking through the output, it fixed a few things like comment and
operator spacing, but it didn't fix things like too-long lines, even
when it is pretty obvious how to do that (like in a list or function
prototype with many items separated by commas).

I haven't run any tests to see if any logic was broken.

I agree with Matt that we'd probably have to do this by hand. I
propose that we at least try to run the pep8 checker on any file we
are about to commit a change to before committing, and fix the errors.
Doing it this way would take a long time to do the whole code base,
clearly, but there's no reason to make the problem worse before we
decide to do the whole thing.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us