[yt-dev] RFC: (yt-3.0) Geometry handling redesign

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Mon Feb 27 07:49:09 PST 2012

Hi Matt,

>  As for accessing
> things via .grid[field], I am -1 on this since I don't really want to
> be thinking about grids.  We could consider .fluid, but in general I
> think I am okay with continuing to keep fluids first class and
> particles separate from them.  I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

I realized as soon as I sent it I didn't mean what I had written, but
it wasn't important enough to send another email about. Yes, I agree
that .grid is not what we want. I was thinking "we have .particles, so
we should also use .grid for grid quantities like density." I think
there are several reasons why we shouldn't make accessing particles
different from fluid quantities, but we can chat about that in
"person".

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us