[yt-dev] universal_fields field names

Casey W. Stark caseywstark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:36:10 PST 2012

Hi all.

I'm working on the unit system in yt-3.0 and I realized I have to touch a
lot of the universal_fields module. I thought this might be a good time to
clean up the rest of the module, since one of the 3.0 goals is to remove
enzo-isms. We discussed this in a hangout and it's part of the 3.0 goals
doc, but I want to get a final word before I start.

The idea is to make all universal field names lowercase underscored. I was
not planning on changing names otherwise, but it would be a good time. This
is definitely breaking compatibility, so we should get some consensus. 3.0
is a good time for this, but do we definitely want to?

I wrote up a very small YTEP on this, but I don't have write access. Should
we do pull requests for this too, or grant access as needed?

- Casey