[yt-dev] lost weak reference

david collins antpuncher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:08:44 PDT 2012

> If you still have the trace back, could you file a bug? I'd like to fix it
> so that if this does happen again, reconnection works - sorry it didn't this
> time, I know how much it stinks to lose wprk/time like that.

I don't have that trace back specifically, but I re-created it with a
dummy script and submitted a ticket.   While doing this I realized
that it might be because the _hierarchy_ was also a weakref, so I
probably needed to replace that, as well (?)

Thanks for your input. The real moral of the story is "dave should be
careful with pointers"

d.

> Matt
>
> On Aug 10, 2012 12:56 PM, "david collins" <antpuncher at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > That is one way to fix this, yes, although maybe making sure the
>> > reference doesn't go out of scope would be easier?
>>
>> I'll definitely make sure that it doesn't croak in the future (I
>> believe I've sorted it out since I sent this email-- I did, in fact,
>> do something dumb) but this bit took a while to run so if I _can_ fix
>> the thing I have that'd be sweet.  I did try re-attaching the
>> parameter file, but it didn't seem to take-- I think I'll just punt
>> and read papers today and re-run this analysis without the dumb-ness.
>>
>> Thanks a ton!
>> d.

>> --
>> Sent from my computer.