[yt-dev] inline profiles

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:11:16 PDT 2012

Hey Stephen,

I think you have two options and in principle both routes should give you the same answer.  The first option is to do as you suggest and use yt to do the cloud in cell interpolation of the dark matter particles onto the grid.  The second option would be to to make sure GravitatingMassFieldParticles in enzo is valid by calling the appropriate enzo grid member functions.  Enzo has a ton of machinery to make sure the CIC operation happens as fast as possible using the non-blocking communication machinery, however, that means you will have a lot of programming overhead to get enzo to produce the field in the middle of a timestep.

The 'best' answer probably depends on your needs, the size of the simulation, etc.

Cheers,

Nathan