[yt-dev] rockstar halo finder

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Wed Aug 15 13:27:52 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,

> However, I don't think we ever added a Rockstar installation option to the
> install script, despite the docs text. Does Rockstar without modification
> work for you?

I'm trying the unmodified version, but it's not working. Perhaps I've
done something wrong:

1. I downloaded this
http://code.google.com/p/rockstar/downloads/detail?name=rockstar-0.99.tar.gz&can=2&q=,
untarred it.
2. Inside that directory I did "make lib". There is a "librockstar.so"
file there now.
3. I "export ROCKSTAR_DIR=..." to this rockstar directory, and "export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROCKSTAR_DIR".
4. I went into the top level dir of yt and did "python setup.py
build_ext -i", then "python setup.py install".
5. I am using the sample script provided in the doc with only small
modifications specific to my dataset.

After doing this, I am getting this error: "Library not loaded:
librockstar.so" when I try running the script. Can you see what I've
done wrong?

Thanks!

--
Stephen Skory