[yt-dev] lost weak reference

david collins antpuncher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:56:31 PDT 2012

> That is one way to fix this, yes, although maybe making sure the
> reference doesn't go out of scope would be easier?

I'll definitely make sure that it doesn't croak in the future (I
believe I've sorted it out since I sent this email-- I did, in fact,
do something dumb) but this bit took a while to run so if I _can_ fix
the thing I have that'd be sweet.  I did try re-attaching the
parameter file, but it didn't seem to take-- I think I'll just punt
and read papers today and re-run this analysis without the dumb-ness.

Thanks a ton!
d.

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM, david collins <antpuncher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ah.  I know what the parameter file _should_ be, can I go re-assign it
>> to the clumps?
>>
>> d.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Looks like the reference is not to the data object, but the parameter
>>> file.  From this context it's tough to see how that reference expired,
>>> though.  It could have happened if something like this were done:
>>>
>>> data = load("something").h.all_data()
>>>
>>> or if you ha a pf variable that was not held anywhere else that then
>>> went out of scope.
>>>
>>> -Matt

>> --
>> Sent from my computer.