[yt-dev] Problem with serialization and projections

Michael Kuhlen mqk at astro.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 9 15:30:36 PDT 2012

Hi

I think I've found a bug with serialization and projections with a data_source.

If I do a projection providing a data_source everything is fine:

disk = pf.h.disk((0.5,0.5,0.5), (0,0,1), (10.0,'kpc'), (2.0,'kpc'))
pc = PlotCollection(pf)
pc.add_projection("NumberDensity","z",weight_field="Density", data_source=disk)

But then, if I do the exact same projection without a data_source, it
breaks with an error: 'No field named px'. The full traceback is at
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2637/.

Note that if I first delete the .yt file, then the projection without
data_source works just fine.

Mike

*  Dr. Michael Kuhlen              Theoretical Astrophysics Center  *
*  email: mqk at astro.berkeley.edu   UC Berkeley                      *
*  cell phone: (831) 588-1468      B-116 Hearst Field Annex # 3411  *
*  skype username: mikekuhlen      Berkeley, CA 94720               *