[yt-dev] Forthon issues

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue Aug 7 20:11:07 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

> While I initially thought this would work, I'm now seeing issues with
> how this interacts with using yt in develop mode, which is by far the
> most common.  I don't believe it is importable anymore from a
> "develop" environment.  One option I could see is adding a new target
> to the Makefile, or change the Makefile to use --builddir=. .  What do
> you think?

The --builddir= option doesn't seem to put the fKDpy.so where
--builddir specifies.

How about a line in the Makefile that moves the .so file back where we
have always had it after compilation, and return setup.py to how it
was before my PR? I've just tried this and it appears to work.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/