[yt-dev] Forthon issues

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Tue Aug 7 16:10:19 PDT 2012

Hi Matt,

> Casey was asking about which components use Forthon.  My understanding
> is that it's only an indirect hard requirement, and that the things
> that use it are the merger tree you wrote (not the one that works on
> Enzo-FOF output), the two point functions, and the pHOP halo finder.
> Is that right?

Ah, yes, I forgot to answer that. You're correct, Matt, those are the
places that the Fortran tree is used. In all honesty, the
scipy.spatial kDTree is good enough (in terms of speed) for all but
the halo finding, so that can someday be swapped out for the Fortran
one. Maybe I'll issue myself a ticket...

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/