[yt-dev] Vector fields

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:51:41 PDT 2012

Okay -- hearing no other suggestions (which is cool, this isn't that
widely used or known of an ugly spot!) here's my solution, which I
think I'll implement ASAP (definitely before another tagged release).

1) Remove all fields where vector_field = True
2) Split vector fields into components with X, Y, Z suffices.  For 3.0
these will follow the new naming convention and be _x, _y, _z, but for
now they should stick to what we have already for L components.

-Matt