[Yt-dev] Fwd: ellipsoid part 2

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:32:01 PDT 2011

This is a complimentary method, in the not so immediate future I may put in more.  Currently I call the method "geometry" for the one you already put in because it involves just simply drawing ellipses in 3d. The latest script is what I called the "tensor" method because it involves calculating a reduced moment of inertia tensor.

Maybe in halo_object.py you can have get_geo_ellipsoid_param and get_tens_ellipsoid_param, or have a user input method='geometry' or 'tensor'.  What do you think?

Let me know if you have any other ideas on how to integrate them.  I have a few other things I may do to the geometry method but they are pending the results after the integration.

From
G.S.

Sent from my iPhone