[Yt-dev] possible halo mass function bug

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:10:10 PDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

I've been comparing results of the halo mass function with the old ones on
the small dataset, it seems the new fit function is systematically higher
than the old ones.  I've also ran it on a 20 Mpc 800 cube unigrid, and the
fit is also higher than the simulated data by almost 4x.  I'll send the
pictures in another private email so I don't spam the list.

Just want to let people know it no longer hangs due to not enough memory
during calculation of the HMF.  Does anyone have a halo profile data at hand
they can just check the halo mass function against the Warren fit in
particular?  Calculating the halo mass function is quick if the haloes are
already profiled and saved, took less than a minute on a single processor
for the 800 cube.

From
G.S.