[Yt-dev] yt dataset database screencast

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Thu Sep 8 20:16:35 PDT 2011

Hi all,

this is not finished, but I wanted to show you all what I've been
working on for the last couple days. I think it's interesting and
promising. To remind you, the idea is that whenever you load() a
dataset in yt, it will update a database on Amazon AWS with some
information about that dataset. This will provide you with a central
location where you can see all datasets you've ever touched with yt.
I've written a cgi-bin python script that, given your AWS credentials,
will display entires in your database and allow you to build queries
to narrow things down. To give you an idea of what I've done, and to
solicit ideas for improvements, and to play around with this whole
screen casting thing, I've made a screen cast showing what I've got so
far. This is linked below.

So - let me know if you have any ideas or comments. Like I said, it's
unfinished, but it works well enough to show off. Thanks!

http://vimeo.com/28797703

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us