[Yt-dev] new comm problem

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Fri Oct 21 05:56:20 PDT 2011

Matt,

> That is correct; PAI's initializer must now be called.  Is there a
> subclass that's missing that?  The PAI initializer grabs the
> communicator on the top of the stack.  Have you seen issues with
> _grids or _distributed, that aren't being hit by the test suite?  The
> small data is now passing, and it should have coverage of DQ's,
> profiles (1 and 2D), PHOP and so on.

I'm seeing a crash in camera.py where trying to use "self.comm.rank"
is dying because "self.comm" is None. Can you point me to an example
of where the initializer is correctly called (as much for my own
development as a human being as for this specific problem)?

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us
http://stephenskory.com/