[Yt-dev] Field definitions, derived fields, whats-in-a-file and the "deliberate_fields" branch

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Wed Nov 9 12:42:23 PST 2011

Matt,

Easy stuff first. Reading through the commit I saw at least one
instance of http://yt-project.org/ being replaced with the old
http://yt.enzotools.org/. So far only in grid_patch.py.

I see no big problems with this change conceptually. I agree with Jeff
that an example of this new method of doing things would be nice
(perhaps a list of operations with which .py file they happen in?) and
contingencies used/passed over. What happens for a successful field in
the dataset? Unsuccessful field that (should?) be in the dataset? A
derived field?

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us