[Yt-dev] Forked depo

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Tue May 10 12:31:39 PDT 2011

Hi again, here's an update:

To get the ellipsoid changeset you can visit:
https://bitbucket.org/gsiisg/yt/compare/default..yt_analysis/yt

two scripts, one that plots the ellipsoid in 2D xy projection
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1619/
output will be named "test.png"

and 3D
http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1620/
output will be named "test3D.png"

I'm not a matplotlib expert so I haven't figured out a way to make the
aspect ratio the same, if anyone found out how I'll update the scripts.
Right now the script plots an ellipsoid with

center=na.array([0.9,0.9,0.9])
e1 = (1/na.sqrt(2),1/na.sqrt(2),0)
e2 =(-1/na.sqrt(2),1/na.sqrt(2),0)
e3 = (0,0,1)
A = 0.3,
B = 0.1,
C = 0.05

I purposefully have the ellipsoid extend beyond the boundary to test and
see if my periodic BC check is working, and I made e3=z axis so that I can
make x y projections easier, but you're more than welcome to mess with
those parameters... it should work for all cases (fingers crossed).  If
anyone finds a bug please let me know!  And if anyone has any idea on how
to make the code run faster I'm all ears.

From
G.S.