[Yt-dev] Forked depo

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:18:35 PDT 2011

Hi Geoffrey,

(Two copies of your message arrived in my inbox.  Did you mean to send
it twice?)

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM,  <gso at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've completed the AMR3D object "ellipsoid", and I think it is ready for
> others to test/play with.  I've forked a yt repo and followed the steps on
>
> http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/advanced/developing.html
> under section "How To Submit Changes"
>
> however, after I put in the changes,
> hg commit
> hg push
> went to notify the developer at http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/pull
>
> Matt suggested that I notify people on the developer list as well, and I'm
> stuck on how to let others pull the changes I've made to my bitbucket
> repo.  This is probably a hg/bitbucket question,  but I'm new to this and
> thought you guys are probably pro at this.

It's already all set.  Your repo is public, so we can access it.

The latest version of the bootstrap method ("yt bootstrap_dev") will
add a command called "addsource" to hg.  This allows people to do, for
instance:

hg addsource gso bb://gsiisg/yt

and then they will have the path "gso" pointing to your bitbucket repo
(user gsiisg with reponame yt).  Then the operation:

hg pull gso

will get all your unsynced changes.

> How do I let others access or pull a specific changeset (676c7f17fb97) off
> of the repo I just forked?

It's already done, and just telling us where the repo is is
sufficient.  You can see more if you look here:

https://bitbucket.org/gsiisg/yt/compare/default..yt_analysis/yt

This includes your changeset, how to merge, and a graphical view of the diffs.

> Once that is setup, I'll post some scripts to plot the ellipsoid cells in
> 2D, 3D so people can make sure that it working.

Please feel free to use the pastebin for this.  Scripts can be
downloaded programmatically from the pastebin:

yt_lodgeit.py --download=...

so it's easier on the command line for us to test things out.

Longer term, these scripts -- and others like them -- should probably
have a home somewhere in the main repo.

Did you have a chance to construct success/failure of the ellipsoid
scripts, or to think about some of the things that came up in the
other thread?

Thanks, Geoffrey!

-Matt