[Yt-dev] clump finder stuff

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 09:42:42 PDT 2011

For periodicity, please do not put the check inside the loop.  Check
outside the loop if it looks like it wraps around the domain, and
recenter it so that it does not.

For the second issue, I almost have a working import script to go from
Trac to BitBucket.  Please don't report it there.

And it might be easier if you figured out why it was broken ratehr
than waiting on me.  The issue is in the .pyx, not the .py file, and
it is that the buffer of potential contour linkages is not long
enough.  I thought it was, based on the loop structure that followed.
If you expand it to the correct length it will work.

-Matt

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM, david collins <antpuncher at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that the binding energy should be aware of periodicity.
>
> Care should be taken with corner cases that wrap around the
> domain--I've seen contours like this, they might be problematic.
>
> Also no comment on issue 2
>

> d.
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Britton Smith <brittonsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Periodicity should definitely be taken into account.  No comment on issue 2.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Stephen Skory <stephenskory at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> a couple questions:
>>>
>>> 1. With help from Matt I'm currently working on a treecode gravitational
>>> potential calculation using the Octree. Looking at FindBindingEnergy in
>>> data_point_utilities, periodicity is not considered there. I think that that
>>> should be fixed, and I'll include it in this new code. Do we agree?
>>>
>>> 2. A few weeks ago I raised the issue that
>>>
>>> yt/utilities/_amr_utils/ContourFinding.pyx
>>> yt/analysis_modules/level_sets/contour_finder.py
>>>
>>> are broken after changeset fd91f581b0e0. Should I put this into the bug
>>> tracker on Trac?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>>> Stephen Skory
>>> stephenskory at yahoo.com