[Yt-dev] Move to Python 2.7?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:44:48 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to move the install script to 2.7.  This seems to fix all the
issues with the install script on OSX, but it means everyone's muscle
memory will have to be corrected if you're used to typing "python2.6".
 (An alternative would be to add an alias, "pyyt" or something.)

[+-][01] on Python 2.7?

One additional question, what would people think about a "bootstrap"
script being included that users are encouraged to run following the
installation script?  This script could set up ~/.hgrc and also create
a bitbucket user from the CLI.  What do you think?

[+-][01] on optional bootstrap script?

If we have support for item 1, I'll push it out sometime later this
week.  #2 would be on the few week timescale.  (Lots of non-yt
projects I'm focusing on for a while.)