[Yt-dev] [yt-users] install problems

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 11:04:47 PST 2011

Hi Matt,

I think I've found a solution, of sorts. Let me know what you think, and I'll (or you can) pass it back to yt-users. Try as I might, installing what provides libintl, which is gettext, or temporarily renaming various libintl libs on my system didn't work. I noticed that my virgin system had no libintl on it at all. It turns out that disabling the inclusion of libintl during the Python build process appears to do the trick. I simply renamed my libintl.h file, but a more elegant solution would be to turn it off during the Python build process. Well, a more elegant solution would be to figure out why libintl on the mac doesn't appear to have all the right symbols. But that's not instant gratification.

Stephen Skory
stephenskory at yahoo.com
http://stephenskory.com/
510.621.3687 (google voice)