[Yt-dev] 2.2 release, new website, vacation

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:59:34 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm writing with three points.

1) We had hoped for a release by the end of June.  There are three
outstanding tickets [
http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/issues?status=new&status=open&milestone=2.2
].

  * Document reason
  * Fix units for Nyx
  * Fix field of view for reason slice/proj widget

I'm not going to be able to look at these before the end of June.  The
middle one might get pushed off, as it's blocked on some other
developments.  So anybody that wants to step up and handle either the
field of view or the reason documentation, please do so.  Anybody have
any thoughts on this?

2) A few of us have created a prototype of a new website:

http://yt.enzotools.org/prototype/

to replace the old one.  The style was purchased from themeforest.net.
 I am not yet convinced that this is a good idea, to move to a fancier
layout, because I worry that too fancy and it looks unserious.  I
can't tell if this site crosses that line.  I do like how it lays out
the community, development, how to get it, and examples.  (The
examples, I think, are particularly helpful.)  +1/-1?  The idea was to
dump this at the end of the month when 2.2 came out, but if 2.2 is
delayed, then this will not happen.

Also, I'd be happy to grant write access to the page repo for this;
it's private right now because I don't know how the copyright from
themeforest works with publicly-viewable repositories, although in
theory it's not any additional information that couldn't be gotten
from the packages delivered when viewing the page.  The images I
selected are ... biased towards ones I already had.  :)  So that might
be a place to improve it, among other things ...

3) I am going on vacation starting sometime between June 29 and July
3, and I will be gone until at least July 23rd.  During that time I
will have very, very limited access to email, and I do not anticipate
being able to reply to any yt-users emails or make any software
changes.  I will be able to reply, in a very limited fashion and with
high latency, to direct email inquiries.

Thanks,

Matt