[Yt-dev] yt-2.0 documentation uploaded

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 15:02:53 PST 2011

(Just to yt-dev)

These new docs are in advance of the release, which will be 2.0.  But
one thing that I am trying to do is decouple the documentation from
the releases, which (inasmuch as they matter at all) happen very
seldom.  So the docs_html.zip file is no longer in the main
repository, and the builds can happen any time.  This means, for
instance, when new docstrings are added!

I'd like to open this up for comments -- what do you all think of the
new organization of the documentation?  The orientation section is
new, the separation of concepts is new, and I think overall it fits
better with how I personally think about yt.  But what do *you* all
think?

Additionally, the docs are currently at
http://hg.enzotools.org/yt-doc/  .  You should be able to build them
at home, if you have numpydoc installed, but I'm going to modify the
numpydoc extension source code (to match what we want from it) and
include it in the repository.  Please feel free to edit, modify, add
content, and let me know if you don't have push privs and would like
them.

Thanks a bunch,

Matt