[Yt-dev] libconfig wrapper testing

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 21:15:38 PST 2011

Hi all,

I've added a wrapper for libconfig, along with a slightly modified
version of the (LGPL'd, credits and license all included) libconfig
source itself, to the current development tip.  (The modification is
to force all integers to be read as 64-bit.)  By default it is turned
off, because of an issue with locale setting for reading/writing
floating point values.

If I could get a few people, next time they update, to open up
yt/utilities/setup.py and change:

INSTALL_LIBCONFIG_WRAPPER = 0

INSTALL_LIBCONFIG_WRAPPER = 1

and just see if it builds, that would be extremely helpful.  The issue
here is that it's not clear to me if the file "xlocale.h" is going to
be present on all systems; I've located it on all of the systems I've
tested on so far, but that is not many.  If it doesn't work for you,
that'd be really good to know.  Worse comes to worse and we can
disable the locale code completely, but that worries me a bit.

I'm in the process of documenting how to use the libconfig wrapper,
but for the next few days it's not being used by anything in yt.

Thanks for any testing ...