[Yt-dev] [yt-users] Stars on volume rendering

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 04:06:26 PST 2011

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately, we will need to call the kD-tree many, many time in
succession from with a Cython routine, as well as maintain multiple
extant kD-tree objects simultaneously.  My recollection is that you
use Forthon because the first is not possible, and I also seem to
recall the latter is somewhat difficult.  Additionally, the usage of
the kD-tree inside compiled C code would make it a compile-time
dependency...  What do you think -- does this agree with your
understanding?

-Matt