[Yt-dev] osx installation script version

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 6 17:04:43 PST 2011

Hi all, I guess this is a question mainly for Matt.  I was wondering if
there's a way to update the osx installation script so that I'm using the
latest 2.0dev?

from Nautilus:
gsiisg at nautilus:~/NautilusYT/src/yt-hg/yt.egg-info> pico PKG-INFO
Metadata-Version: 1.0
Name: yt
Version: 2.0dev
.
.
and from my laptop

gso:yt-trunk-svn gso$ svn info
Repository Root: http://svn.enzotools.org/yt
Repository UUID: a79caf2f-f534-0410-a086-a967bc00d294
Revision: 1812
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: sskory
Last Changed Rev: 1812
Last Changed Date: 2010-08-27 16:21:11 -0700 (Fri, 27 Aug 2010)

I noticed this because after I developed scripts from my laptop I have to
get rid of the lines of imports:
from yt.lagos.DerivedQuantities import *
for the scripts to work on the super computers like Nautilus, Triton.  It
would be nice to work on the same version of the code and get all the
latest updates on my laptop.  But on the other hand I don't want to
install the new version and break something, so if I'm better off leaving
it as is, I'll just work with it.

From
G.S.