[Yt-dev] Volume rendering with current (3628:da3894bf42a5) change set

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 14:10:51 PST 2011

Hi Matt,

Do you want to push your Maestro changes so that we can
> take a look at them, see how they are implemented?

Please find attached my first run-through of adding Maestro support as an hg
bundle.  There were only a few things I had to change from the Orion
frontend because they both use the BoxLib data format.  I did have to make a
change in the OrionStaticOutput._is_valid method to distinguish between the
two formats.

I often wondered if it would make more sense to split the frontends based on
file format, and then let each code subclass from a particular frontend?
For example, have an HDF5 frontend that Flash and Enzo can subclass.  I'm
not sure it would make things any cleaner...

Chris