[Yt-dev] moving issues and wiki --> BitBucket

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:55:04 PST 2011

Hi Brian,

> What do you see as the pros and cons of BitBucket vs. home-grown?

BitBucket pros: integrated with the repository hosting/tracking stuff;
easy sign-in; no worry about maintenance
BitBucket cons: would need a one-time transfer of info; no one has
much experience using it

home-grown pros: already populated
home-grown cons: hard to log into; not well used; now that repository
is hosted at BB, would need to be maintained separately

I think that the BitBucket systems, while unknown, are probably just
fine for our purposes, and I would rather not have to make Matt
manually keep track of Trac just for issue-tracking and the wiki.