[Yt-dev] keeping track

gso at physics.ucsd.edu gso at physics.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 2 14:22:05 PDT 2011

Hi YT developers,

I'm sure some of may have two, or even many installations of YT.  I was
wondering what's the best way to keep track of which version of YT you're
using and making sure that the libraries are linked correctly.

I was thinking using a soft link and so the python installation I'll call
would be
python-dev or
python-forked
etc.

But then the libraries they'll be linking against would both be specified
in my PATH and LD_LIBRARY, I was wondering if that would cause havoc when
I try to update something and screw things up?  Or am I worrying too much?

From
G.S.