[Yt-dev] HaloProfiler vs. enzo_anyl

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:52:03 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,

Thanks for checking into this.  This looks like another thing that could be
checked off our list with a code sprint.  I won't be available for that this
week, but could do it next week.

Here are some questions that I think we need to consider.  While we are not
only looking to provide full coverage for all of enzo_anyl's functionality
so we can mothball it, we should also be thinking about things that could be
improved from enzo_anyl.

1. The density units in enzo_anyl are Msun/Mpc^3.  Do we want to keep
these?  I always converted to cgs back when I used enzo_anyl.

2. Stuff like clumping factors and velocity dispersion will require some
additional functionality out of profiles.  It's currently not easy to get
means and standard deviations in individual bins for profiles.  Does anyone
have any idea how difficult it would be to implement this functionality?

I'm sure there are other things we should think about, but I don't have
enough caffeine in my brain to think of them all.

Britton