[Yt-dev] h5py bug

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:22:22 PDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

I am generally opposed to upgrading either Matplotlib or h5py without
a very careful and detailed study of how the API changes.  The
transition between 1.1 and 1.2 of h5py included a number of API
breakages that affected us, and we saw the same thing with 0.9x to
0.9[89] and now 1.0 to 1.0.1 in matplotlib.

Have you identified the smallest possible set of code that replicates
this, as you called it, apparent bug?  Did you test it against 1.3.1?
Please also consider reporting it upstream.

-Matt