[Yt-dev] Request for review of "minimal image" structure

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 05:57:24 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've been thinking about the best way to construct minimal image
representations, which feed into the Reason / plotting refactor ideas.
 I started sketching out a minimally-reproducible phase plot in
yt/visualization/profile_plotter.py, in the objects

AxisSpec
ColorbarSpec
ImagePlotContainer

I think that as it stands it encompasses how to save and then recreate
a (simply) visualization, but I was wondering if some other people
could look that over, and help me come up with ideas for what would be
necessary to also make sure it faithfully represents image plots, 1D
line plots, and so on.  IT doesn't need to cover all possibilities,
just the basic ones.

Anyway, ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!