[Yt-dev] linear tickers

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:45:29 PDT 2011

Jeff,

This is in no way your mess.  The two bugs that *actually* affected
the display of the ticks (1,3) were mine.

As a sidenote for anybody else, I have been analyzing all my data in
reason lately, and it's been massively productive for me.  I think
Jeff had said he was debugging a new solver for Enzo in it.  I'm super
happy that this is taking off, particularly since it has help from so
many people -- Cameron, Britton, Sam, Jeff -- that are invested in it.

When the time comes to really unleash this, when we're satisfied with
how it works and performs, we're going to need to request that people
upgrade to Python 2.7 to get the latest threading improvements.  I'll
try to add a supplemental downloader for just the ExtJS stuff, which
right now has to live in YT_DEST, so that we can minimize the hit of
that a bit.

-Matt