[Yt-dev] halo profiler recentering bug-thing

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:41:23 PDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Stephen Skory <s at skory.us> wrote:
> Matt,
>
>> I believe that there's some place that sets a default sphere or bin
>> size to be the dx of the center cell, but I have no idea which
>> machinery you are moving through to get to this point in the profile.
>> Could you decorate the __init__ method of BinnedProfile2D with
>> @print_tb (defined in yt/funcs.py) and then send at least one
>> representative traceback, so we can look at each part of the stack and
>> examine the neighbroing code?
>
> Here's the traceback when I decorate BinnedProfile1D (which is what I'm using):
>
> http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1585/
>
> And here's if I decorate BinnedProfile1D.get_bins():
>
> http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1586/

Looks to me like r_min is set to  r_min = 2 *
self.pf.h.get_smallest_dx() * self.pf['mpc'], or thereabouts, from
line 355 in yt/analysis_modules/halo_profiler/multi_halo_profiler.py.
So it's grabbing a profile and setting the inner bin to that.  The
point on which it's centered is also not included, because you're
asking for a log-spaced profile, and the log of 0 is a NaN.

So I guess the next question is, given these constraints, is it
behaving as you'd expect?