[Yt-dev] Call for testing: New install script

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:55:53 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Jeff and I have re-written the install script to use mercurial.  This
involved adding in an optional bzip2 installation, as that was a
sticking point for several machines, as well as re-organizing it to
install bzip2 before Python and then hg before yt.  If you get a
chance, I'd really appreciate it if you could try running it:

http://yt.enzotools.org/files/install_script.sh

There's a "branch" name at the top that governs which yt branch gets
cloned and updated to in the installation section.

Any feedback would be constructive; we need to replace the current
install script pretty soon, so let me know if this does or doesn't
work!

Thanks,

Matt