[Yt-dev] Migration to 2.0 being the stable branch

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:34:33 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to set a timeline for merging the current "yt" branch into
being the "stable" branch.  I think this could coincide with a 2.0
release, but I'm not sure that the entire checklist for 2.0 is going
to get done in a reasonable timescale.  (I'm working on the
documentation in my spare time, and I think that we are likely to have
full support for FLASH, mostly support small RAMSES datasets, and
limited ART support.  A few wishlist items won't make it.)

Has anyone here not upgraded to the reorganized branch?  I feel like
the people who are reading this are pretty likely to be able to work
out bugs/import errors/missing functionality.

Anyway, barring any objections here, in a few weeks I'll send out an
email to yt-users notifying everyone that scripts will have to change
slightly (with a key for swapping them) with any new upgrades to the
codebase and then by the middle/end of December perform the merge,
with an affiliated release of 2.0.

Thoughts?