[Yt-dev] Change in behavior of smoothed covering grids and ghost zones

Sam Skillman 72Nova at gmail.com
Wed May 26 19:39:20 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I agree.  Interpolation should be done in linear space.  If for some reason
a user wants the interpolation to be done in log space it can always be done
on a derived field.

Sam

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM, j s oishi <jsoishi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > and the vertex centered data, the fields that are interpolated between
> > points are logged, then interpolated, then 10^values is returned.
> > This is not how Enzo does it, and I think yt should change too.
> I am of the opinion that yt should mirror Enzo here. I would like
> derivatives taken in yt to be exactly the same as those in whatever
> hydro code the data came from. Any conserved quantity involving
> differentials of primitive variables (like vorticity in Eulerian
> hydrodynamics) should be the same in yt as in Enzo. I think that this
> is worthwhile, even if some user results change.

Samuel W. Skillman
DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellow
Center for Astrophysics and Space Astronomy
University of Colorado at Boulder
samuel.skillman[at]colorado.edu